It's kinda funny the things that can make us feel better. Logically you would think that it would be just doing something with your friends, or maybe a movie by yourself, shopping or food therapy...something along those lines. But it seems like whenever I'm in a funk and have been in a bad mood, as much as I love hanging out with friends and have a ton of fun with them, that's only a temporary fix. It takes going to work or going to my lab observation hours to be legitimately cheered up. (This is how I know I'm going into the right profession mind you.)
For example, early this week I was very frustrated by some things. While hanging out with a friend was fun and temporarily took my mind off of things, it wasn't until I went to my observation hours that my mood really turned around. Somehow three hours with guys I barely know helping them with work and playing basketball can completely turn my mood upside down permanently (or at least until sometime else effects it), even when a whole night with my favorite person couldn't improve it for more than about an hour.
Just the random things I was thinking tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment