Well....sort of....I mean it was the first day I went in, but we left early so it still wasn't a WHOLE day. But I can already tell the kids are gonna be an adventure in and of themselves. Writing the lesson plans should be interesting with scripted lessons. Still not too sure how exactly I am going to do the unit we're supposed to do. Our schedule is packed in tighter than a can of sardines, but at least that means I should be able to stay busy pretty easily. I just have to get used to not having all of my things at my side and get the feel of what to carry around the classroom, what to leave in my bag, when I need what, what to bring home and what to leave at school....all that fun stuff. Plus I still have to figure out how on earth I am going to organize things and how to keep track of all of these groups....aye yi yi. But the kids seem sweet, and my cooperating teacher is super nice. Which is really a relief, since all three placements I've had while in college have not been my ideals, I'm glad I at least got three great and helpful teachers to work with who really cared about what I was going to get out of it. Overall good day, definitely looking forward to the experience even if it wasn't the one I was hoping for, can't wait for tomorrow (or maybe Friday).
Oh and then the light in our bedroom decided to burn out this afternoon so I get to do all my work in the dark for a while besides. Yippe.
No comments:
Post a Comment